Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, July 03, 2013 No comments
I was up late and found myself browsing my favourite makeup shopping websites (what else is new!) and thought I'd share a few of the things on my current wish list. Maybe you'd want to check them out!
I love the brand Bobbi Brown, especially because they make great foundations for pale people like me, yay! They've come out with a new translucent loose powder called "Retouching powder" that looks and feels just divine, so soft and has a really wonderful blurring effect without being dry or chalky. Another loose powder I am dying to check out is the "Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder" by Nars, this one has a slightly more glowy appearance but not too much, enough for any skin type to use.
I've also been dying to try out the Hourglass Mineral Veil primer, the only thing holding me back is the price (yikes! $60) It's got some sun protection, a smooth feel, mineral base, all that wonderful makeup prolonging ability that primers have. People seem to go crazy for this specific primer, hence my curiosity!


I've heard that the Lise Watier "Ombre Souffle Supreme" eyeshadows are very very similar to the "Illusion D'Ombre" by Chanel (which I own, and love!) I've played with them in store, but I am dying to bring a couple home to play with and wear, especially if they can be a slightly cheaper version of the ones from Chanel. They have kind of a cream-mousse texture, lighter than most cream eyeshadows I have, and a gorgeous almost metallic finish. Crease-free too of course!


I think Kevyn Aucoin is a fabulous makeup artist, I own his book and absolutely love it! I've been looking for a particularly good contour powder. His "Sculpting Powder" has been highly recommended! It's a cool-toned shade, giving it a more natural shaded look than using a bronzer, and is of course matte as all contour shades should be. 


All these items are definitely on my list, and there some cheaper products I want to check out like those from NYX! They make a blush colour called "Taupe" that I've read makes a great contour shade. I also enjoy their eyeliners, and are looking to pick up a nude-colored one and "Pale Pink". Now that the makeup brushes by Real Techniques are carried at Walmart, I'd love to try their "Travel Kit" and "Eye Kit". These brushes were created by the sisters of Pixiwoo on youtube, how cool!

Lastly, I read that the "Microdermabrasion Kit" by Olay is VERY similar to the kit of the same name by Philosophy, which I have tried and liked but has a steep price tag so a cheaper alternative would be exciting. 


Whats on your wish list? I love suggestions!




0 comments:

Post a Comment